Who can be a resident?
- Is an adult who is dying and is no longer receiving curative treatment;
- Is unable to live alone, has inadequate support at home, or has caregivers who are overextended;
- Has a power of attorney for personal care;
- Has indicated he/she wishes symptom management for comfort only;
- Is on CCAC services;
- Has care needs that can be met by the services available at Lisaard House or Innisfree House.
Please note that Lisaard House is a cancer hospice and Innisfree House is open to any end-of-life diagnosis.
Who is not an appropriate resident?
- Does not meet the above criteria;
- Lives outside of Waterloo Region – unless significant family members live in Waterloo Region;
- Has behaviours that are difficult to manage such as aggressive behavior, violent behavior, wandering behavior, and serious confusion;
- Has requirements that cannot be met by the services available at the house in cooperation with the services of CCAC;
- Desires active, continued treatment of their disease.
Lisaard House is not on a bus route and it is a considerable walk from the closest bus stop; as such, families who do not drive will need to make appropriate arrangements for transportation to and from the house. Innisfree House is located near Conestoga College-Doon Campus and is accessible by public transportation.
It is the desire of Lisaard House and Innisfree House to give consideration to each individual request.
To download an admission application, please click here.
For more information or comments contact:Innisfree House
519-208-5055 ext. 265
519-650-1121 ext. 216